Koi Care - Malachite Green
Generally effective against most parasites in particular White Spot or Ich as it is sometimes known. Acts as a really good prevention and cure for White Spot , this being the most common parasite problem associated with Fancy Goldfish
Treats: Fungus caused by Saprolegnia.
When to use?
When fish have white growths on the body, head or fins, which may contain some green or brown discolouration. Malachite can be used in conjunction with Formaldehyde to treat fungal infections more effectively.
How to use?
- Test your water quality using NT Labs Test Kit.
- Mix the appropriate dosage in a clean bucket of pond water, pour evenly over the surface of the pond and leave for 7 days. Switch off UV filtration until treatment has been completed. Aerate the pond well during treatment.
- If you feel a repeat dose is necessary. Allow 7 days and perform a partial water change before re-treating or treating with a different medication.
- Always treat when you have time to observe fish and take appropriate action in the unlikely event of a bad reaction.
- If required, mix with Formaldehyde prior to adding to the pond, following the instructions above.
Do not use with orfe, rudd, tench or sturgeon/sterlet.
Do not use if the water temperature is above 30°C.
Do not use in hot, humid, thundery conditions.
Do not mix medications, other than combining with Koi Care Formaldehyde.